My car is a 2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI, SEL trim, manual transmission.
The only things I'm going to put here are things I know work on my
car. They might work on other MK-VII VWs, but I haven't tested.
Here's some Useful Info
What I've done
- 16" wheels (more comfortable, *way* cheaper tires)
- Turn off "comfort signal" three blink lane change
- Disable rain sensor / auto wipers
- Turn off "beep" when locking
- Turn off auto-lock when driving
- Unlock all the doors when unlocking one
- Turn off door trim lights (that stripe below the window)
- Turn off Daytime Running Lights (add
clickbox in head unit)
- Tinkered with the power steering response (ended up leaving it stock)
- Enabled the two inner running lights as brake lights
- Tweaked the in-dash fuel economy to match reality (in progress)
- Set the fog lights to flash with flashing, but not constant, high beam.
What I'm working on
- Amber LED rear turn signals
- LED brake and running lights
- Convex driver's side mirror: No blind spots!
- Towing hitch
- Audi TT front control arm rear bushings
- Open all the windows and sunroof with the key fob and door button
- Close all the windows and sunroof with the key fob and door button
- Make the radio stay on until the door is opened, (or longer),
not just until the engine is stopped.
- Panzer plate (or similar)
- Tighten up steering response
Someday stuff, maybe
- Stiffer springs, (but not shorter)
- Better dampers
- Limited Slip Differential
- MIB-II radio upgrade (for Apple Carplay)
- "Cluster Staging" / "indicator celebration" (tach and speedo needles
dance when first turned on)